Thursday 13 August 2015

Restaurant Review: Suzy Spoons Vegetarian Butcher!

Hello friends! While my best friend was here from Melbourne, we decided to have a nice breakfast at Suzy Spoons - this isn't the first time I've eaten here nor the last! Suzy spoons is a vegetarian deli cafe that hand makes their own burger patties, sausages, schnitzels and other meat-less products that they sell to take home or to eat in store! They have a growing menu especially since moving to the store King Street from Enmore and it's great to see a business like this continue to expand! 

They offer an All Day breakfast as well as foods such as burgers, veggie ball subs, spaghetti bolognese or salads/sandwiches and treats that change daily. 

I had the home made waffles ($15.00) with poached fruit, maple syrup and ice cream (I've also had the other style with Spoon's "bacon", banana & ice cream which was delicious!) - let me start off the only negative I have of this which is entirely my fault and it's that I hate pear, haha. However that didn't stop me from eating around it and finishing off all of the waffles (so GOOD!) and the ice cream too which was a nice strawberry flavour.


Stevie got the Mushroom Breakfast ($17.00) with added hash browns and sausage on the side and it looked amazing! Everything looked fresh, smelt great and she said it was one of the best vegan breakfasts she's had. Suzy's sausages are so tasty!  The only thing we both don't rate are the hash browns (I paid for 2 extra with mine which is $8) and they are way too thick, more like a squished roast potato so that was the only let down!

 
I also couldn't help myself and ordered a Chilli Dog ($12) (my favourite from their menu) which comes with the Smoked Chilli sausage, sauteed onions (one of the best parts, the onions are freaking so amazing) baby spinach, notzarella cheese and a mix of their own mayo, dijon mustard and hot chilli sauce which is the best combo ever even if it ends up a mess all over my face. Hands down perfect!

And that's it!

Suzy Spoons is definitely one of my favourite places to eat in Sydney and they offer such a variety of different vegan foods that are unlike anything else around. I recommend checking them out if you're ever in Sydney/Newtown as they will not disappoint! You can check out their website or facebook!

As always, thank you for reading! XO



No comments:

Post a Comment