Monday 14 March 2016

Massive Haul / Things I've Been Using Recently!

Hello friends! It has definitely been a very long time since I last posted so I thought a great way to get back into blogging is by showing you all the makeup I've been buying or been gifted in the past few months - it probably seems like a lot but I haven't posted anything since August of last year so there's about 6 months worth of products I haven't posted about!


I'm still in my job working in a preschool however I've moved to Enmore in Sydney which is so much better food wise for me however so much worse money wise as Sadhana Kitchen is about a 2 minute walk from my home, hopefully it'll be easier to do more restaurant reviews now too since I won't have to travel 4 hours to get there and back! 

Anyway on to the haul!


I've had these two shades from Coloured Raine for quite a while in the shades "Vanity Red" which is such a nice red and "Mars" which is a lot browner than I expected on me - I haven't given these a proper go yet but I've heard people rave about them so let's see! 

Next up is my actual favourite foundation from Too Faced - Born This Way in the shade "Snow" - I waited so long for this light shade to come out in Australia and as soon as it was available online I purchased 3 without even knowing if I liked it but I'm glad to say that I freaking LOVE it. I use it every single day, I haven't been using the coverfx anymore because this has definitely replaced anything I own. So, so good! 

  
Next up I have two new lippie stix from Colourpop - "Topanga" which is a satin finish and "Tougah" which is matte - I have a full swatch review on a bunch more that I own that you can read here but they are so inexpensive, easy to use and pigmented! 

 
 
One very, very special gift I received at Christmas from my boyfriend is this eyeshadow palette from Charlotte Tilbury in the shade "Golden Goddess" which I could cry from how beautiful it is. The shadows themselves are so lovely and blendable and the smallest amount goes a long way. You can find a list of all the vegan products from Charlotte Tilbury here
 
Another (very battered and very used product) I received was the Filmstar Bronze & Glow palette which is really good! The highlight is beautiful and the sculpting shade doesn't make me look muddy or orange at all - both of them are really nice powders and are favourites in my makeup kit!

 
 
Something I was very excited about was this palette Carli Bybel made with BH Cosmetics! Once receiving proper answers from them and they posting a vegan list (click here) - I was all over it! I really enjoy the eyeshadows and find them pigmented and smooth however some of the highlighters feel a bit harder to work with so keep that in mind. It's definitely affordable though!

Another product I wanted to try from BH was this 28 essential eyeshadow palette with mostly nudes! There's a mixture of satin-mattes and shimmers and the pay off is quite good. I haven't tested this yet so I'll have to get back onto you but for simple every day work looks I think this would be great! 

3 nail beautiful nail polishes I purchased from Ella + Mila (let's be real, mostly for the packaging) in the shades "Sweet Tooth", "French Kiss" and "My Baby Blue" - I had another purple shade that definitely was not my favourite and very sticky - these other matte shades are a lot sheerer than I expected too so it takes a lot to get an opaque colour and then it ends up chipping because it's so thick, I will try a base and top coat with these to see how it goes for a second impression! 

A few new hair products I've purchased are from Giovanni - I've heard and read good reviews about them so I wanted to see for myself - I've only used the shampoo and conditioner once and had good results but not "amazing" - I will definitely keep using them though! 

 
Let's talk about my new absolute favourite highlighter - Mary- Lou Manizer by The Balm and I know this has been a million people's favourites for YEARS but finally the Balm got back to me with a vegan list and I was able to confirm this was vegan (as well as other sources!) so I literally made a bee-line to Target and snatched this up and have been in love ever since.

 
Two more products I picked up on the same trip were these Instain blushes in the shades "Swiss Dot" which is a beautiful peachy pink and "Toile" which is more of a deeper red rose. Packaging alone these are lovely and blend really nicely, the peachy one is my favourite!


 I also got confirmation that these are vegan/contain no animal ingredients and looking at the ingredients myself, I don't see anything animal derived so I was overjoyed - I know there a bunch of vegan liquid lipsticks on the market but I'm always down to try more (as well as influencing my housemate to buy some too!) I got the shades "Committed", "Chivalrous", "Sentimental", "Devoted" and "Loyal" and I've been trying them out - I might just do a liquid lipstick master comparison post!

And lastly, I picked up 3 shades from the matte Milani range in "Matte Nude", "Matte Darling" and "Matte Confident" - of course I gravitate to the red however I've actually been mixing the nude and pink together for work and enjoying it!

And yes, finally - that's all!

I'm sorry for my long hiatus and this very long post back - I will try to bring you more updates regularly and I hope you've been doing great in the new year! What new products have you been trying?

As always, thank you for reading! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment