Saturday 21 June 2014

Top Red Vegan Lipsticks - Part 1!




The main question I get when it comes to vegan makeup is lipsticks and even more specifically red vegan lipsticks so I thought today I would share with you some of my absolute favourites from a range of different prices, brands and finishes. I have so many more in my collection that I wanted to include or I just forgot about so there will more than likely be a part two to this!

Australis - Velourlips Matte Lip Cream | Shade: NY-CEE | Price: $9.99
Let's start with what I think is my all time favourite lip product! A very pigmented, long lasting and matte red shade that applies super smoothly, doesn't dry my lips out and is really creamy in formulation. Velourlips are incredibly affordable (I actually don't think the other shades suit me but this one rules!) and they can be found at priceline. Also another great dupe for Lime Crime's velvetines!

Shanghai Suzy - Semi-Matte Lipstick | Shade: Miss Hannah/Blood Red | Price: $12.95
I'm sure you've read me rave about these lipsticks before and this is just another shade that I love. Shanghai Suzy lipsticks are all very opaque, smooth and long lasting with Miss Hannah being no exception and living up to the expectations. You can read another review I've done on these lipsticks here!

Australis - Colour Inject Lip Gloss | Shade: Bollywood | Price: $11.95
Another Australis lip product that you can't go wrong with! These are often on sale at Priceline and I usually pick up a couple then. Bollywood is quite pigmented (not opaque) and can be worn both on it's own or over the top of another lipstick to add some glossiness!

Aromi Beauty - Liquid Lipstick | Shade: Flamenco Red | Price: $17
Are you sick of me talking about these lipsticks yet?! I've recommended these to every person I know and two shades were recently in my favourites post here! This applies as a lip gloss and quickly dries to a very opaque matte lipstick that is absolutely beautiful! It's a cool, blue-toned red that I can guarantee will look great on almost everybody!

Silk Naturals - Vegan Lipstick | Shade: Vroom! | Price: $5.75
This is a brand I've only recently gotten into after finding and falling in love with their eyeshadows, I then picked up a whole bunch of lipsticks because they looked incredible and you can't go wrong with those prices! The only negative I find with these lipsticks is that it's in a very weird packaging and the application can be tricky but it's usually fine and the formulation of these are great! Vroom is described as a crimson red and it has absolutely no shimmer and is extremely comfortable to wear!

Too Faced - La Creme Color Drenched Lipsticks | Shade: Stilleto Red | Price: $22
This is similar in shade to the Silk Naturals Vroom but this feels and applies more like a lip cream than a lipstick, it has good pigmentation but can be worn sheer or built up with a few small swipes. Another very comfortable product to wear!

Too Faced - Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipsticks | Shade: Melted Ruby | Price: $21
I recently picked this up with 3 other shades and I absolutely love them! The melted lipsticks are suppose to be a liquid lipstick that has shine similiar to a lip gloss and leaves a lasting stain and I feel they are exactly that. Melted ruby is a beautiful red, slightly deep pink shade that smells delicious and looks even better when applied! I'll be doing a full review on all 4 melted lipstick shades I have in the future!

Anyway! That's all of them! I was planning to do swatches on my lips but after attempting that twice and ending up with very sore lips, the pictures just did not work out at all. Hopefully you found some new lipsticks or shades that you want to try out and there will definitely be a follow up to this post with more.

As always, thank you for reading! XO

2 comments:

  1. THanks for this post. Its always nice to see some good vegan brands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you! Glad you enjoyed it xo

    ReplyDelete