Wednesday 19 March 2014

I No Longer Support Tarte Cosmetics

*Apologies about the picture, posted from my phone.

I definitely did not think I would ever be writing a post like this on my blog as Tarte is and has been one of my all time favourite brands especially since going vegan. I have recommend this brand to anybody that will listen, I personally use most of the products pictured on a daily basis and through my encouragement, a majority of my friends (and followers on my blogs!) have tried Tarte themselves.  However, I say this with an extremely heavy and sad heart that Tarte has been bought out by Kose Corp, a japanese company that tests on animals and although the brand claims they will be keeping their "cruelty free" status, I believe they have lost that and sold out for a higher pay cheque.

I do not and will not ever support a brand that has a parent company that tests on animals as I don't feel comfortable with my money going towards supporting animal testing in any way and that means once I have finished all of these products, I will not be giving a single cent more to Tarte. I highly encourage anybody reading this that feels the same way as I do to email them with your disappointment and boycott yet another brand that has fallen down the same road as Mac, Urban Decay and the likes.

As always, thank you for reading XO


4 comments:

  1. I was so happy to read that tarte will be available in UK - and now this bad news...
    It's really a shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is a shame and quite disappointing that a brand would change their morals for a few extra dollars! xo

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you on this. It seems to be extremly hypocritical of a company to not test on animals but to then sell out to a company who does. I do like to also hope that the new parent company will adopt the principles though as this may be more than just buying a cruelty free company considering the cosmetic law in the east on selling. A lot of pressure is being put on China to change it's law on having to have tested a product on animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, makes me really upset about the whole thing in general and the fact that animal testing is even still a thing! Maybe the negative responses Tarte is getting about this change might help push them to convince Kose to take the same cruelty-free stance that Tarte used to have. (Here's to hoping!)

      Delete