Friday 21 March 2014

Unboxing: Vegan Cuts - Beauty Essentials Kit

Purchased: Vegan Cuts

After seeing reviews of Ipsy and Birchbox which is a subscription service where you pay monthly to receive sample beauty products to try, I went on a search for a vegan version and stumbled across this brand. I had seen a couple blogs post about them before (veganbeautyreview.com - one of my favourite blogs being one of them!) and decided to give them a try.

I purchased the "essentials kit" which came with a limited edition makeup bag (not going to lie, the polka dots had me sold!) and 10-15 (depending on the bag) items, just to get a feel on what type of things I would be getting if I signed up for the month-to-month service.


Face products:
- Two cleansing face wipes from La Fresh which was kind of disappointing as a full pack of 10 is less than 6 dollars, I don't think I'll be able to see if I actually enjoy these but oh well.
- Hydrating gel from Lotus moon that I'm looking forward to trying!

Body products!
- Black soap body wash by Soapbox (excited for this!)
- A natural deodorant by Death By Lavender which the smell is a bit off putting but maybe it will end up alright!
- Sunscreen by Sunology
- Hydrating body lotion by Weleda which smells so delicious. I've recently tried a facial oil from Weleda and I'm so in love with it so hopefully the quality of this is good too!


And lastly beauty/hair care products!
- Nail polish from Rainbow Honey cosmetics that I wasn't too keen on in the bottle but it applies so smoothly and the glitter applies evenly, it's definitely a perfect accent colour!
- Creamy lip butter in the shade "Lava" by Pacifica, another brand I've recently tested out and I'm loving. They have a range of candles, lotions, perfumes and cosmetics that is all 100% vegan!
- Lip and cheek stain by The All Natural Face in the shade "Dusky Rose" - swatched nicely and I'll be seeing how it works.
- And lastly, a detangler and shine booster by Nu Style, I have tested this twice and although I'm not keen on the smell, my hair was noticeably softer and shinier so maybe I'll end up purchasing the full size after I've tested this more!

*Not pictured - another soap and a body tonic which has been misplaced somewhere.

My verdict? I'm really glad I decided to try out this company, there's so many brands I hadn't even heard of that I'm now aware of, some brands and products I'm excited to test out and try and only one or two disappointments that could turn end up being great however I don't think it is worth the price I paid and I would have liked to seen a couple more "deluxe samples"! Hopefully I end up loving all the products.

Let me know if you're signed up to a beauty box and what your thoughts out or if you've tried vegan cuts before.

As always, thank you for reading! XO

2 comments:

  1. I've just found your blog and I'm really enjoying reading it!

    I've had a plant-based diet for quite a few years now and I used to be vegan; I've recently started only purchasing vegan-friendly beauty products again so it's lovely to find a nice blog to read and discover more products :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much, I really appreciate that!

      It was a struggle finding vegan-friendly beauty products at the start for me but now I constantly find new things I love and great brands so I'm happy to share them with others, hopefully you find things that you might want to try on here! xo

      Delete