Wednesday 19 February 2014

FOTD: Quick, bold lip & neutral eye look!


Hello! As per request, I'm doing a quick FOTD and even though I didn't use the same products as the previous post, I thought it would be fun to share anyway!

1. Elf's Mineral Infused Primer - 
I placed a small amount on the back of my hand and used my fingers to apply it all over my face. I've been reaching for this primer again recently after using a Tarte one for quite some time and I find this to be a lot lighter in consistency and cheaper too!

2. Hourglass Veil Fluid Foundation - Shade: "Porcelain"
This is only my third time using this foundation as even though I love how it applies, looks and lasts on my skin, it has quite a yellow tinge to the colour which is great for cancelling out any redness around my nose but I didn't think it suited me that well altogether - however after using it today, I think I have sparked a love affair with it and once the rest of my make up is put on, it ends up looking alright! (Plus, I am ridiculously pale, I doubt I'm ever going to find a vegan, non-drying, long-lasting foundation that matches my skin perfectly)

3. ELF HD Blush - Shade: "Headliner"
I've had a few different shades of these blushes for a couple of months now and haven't used them once so when I saw this in my cupboard, I decided to use it today. I pumped a small amount on the back of my hand and used a stifling brush to blend it into my cheeks and I have to say, I really enjoyed the look this gave! It's really smooth and doesn't settle into any pores and lasted all day. I'll try to do a full review of the rest of the colours I have of these!

4. Makeup Geek Eyeshadows - Shades: Vanilla Bean, Shimma Shimma, Cinderella & Latte
After taking off all my make up, I realized I hadn't taken a picture to show how the eyeshadow looked, luckily for you I am completely basic with eye looks and it was just the two lighter shades swept across the lid, Cinderella in the crease and a tiny bit of Latte to darken the look. I absolutely love Makeup Geek eyeshadows, a majority of them are vegan and they just apply, blend and look so great!

5. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara
My absolute favourite mascara, I've repurchased this twice already! My natural lashes are short and quite sparse but this really helps to lengthen, curl and create the look of thicker lashes for me. I definitely think it's worth trying if you haven't already!

6. Shanghai Suzy Lipstick - Shade: Fire Engine Red
I did a review on the 3 colours I own from this collection in my previous post and I honestly love them.

I didn't fill in my eyebrows today as I'm missing my ELF eyebrow gel and I didn't use any setting powders or concealer today (I usually do, have you seen the bags under my eyes?!) but as I'm still trying out the Hourglass foundation and used the ELF blush for the first time, I wanted to see how they would stay without too much extra help from other products! 

Hope you enjoyed seeing some of the products I like to use and as always, thank you for reading! XO

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried the Lily Lolo mineral foundation?
    I am SUPER pale too and can never find foundations that run light enough; I mostly use CC creams and let my natural skin tone show through but the Lily Lolo foundations are excellent. There is a shade called Porcelain that is absolutely wonderful! I'd really recommend trying their products :)

    ReplyDelete