Saturday 22 February 2014

A Visit To Rubyfruit

I couldn't start writing restaurant reviews without beginning with my favourite place to eat which is Rubyfruit that is located in the beautiful town of Leura, my boyfriend and I made the trip on the train this morning and as always, it was 100% worth it.


Rubyfruit is a 100% vegan cafe with a range of breakfast & lunch meals, baked goods (just look at that wonderful cabinet full! I could eat them all!) delicious drinks and they also sell a range of both refrigerated and non-refrigerated grocery items, I don't think you could ask for anything more. The cafe is owned by two wonderful ladies who are always welcoming and show such a great passion towards vegan food and a vegan lifestyle in general.

I've done a couple of posts about Rubyfruit before and I think I've recommended them to just about every single person I've ever talked to and once you see what I ate today, you definitely won't question why!



Let's talk about the drinks first, Andrew got a Green Goddess smoothie which is packed full of kale, super greens, coconut water, banana & frozen mango and I had an Iced Coffee with soy cream & ice cream (I usually have the nut cream which is god damn amazing with it!) which we both enjoyed, a little too much on my end as my straw was making that awful slurping sound when it was finished but I just wanted more!




As we were there before 12pm, we got to have the breakfast menu (which is personally my favourite) and I had my meal of choice which is the pancakes that is topped with banana, pecans, pure maple syrup & ice cream and Andrew had the special fruit bowl which was filled with banana, strawberries, blueberries and coconut yoghurt & then topped with goji berries, almond flakes and chia seeds. (Pick who is the healthy one out of us?!) we shared and tasted both meals and trust me when I say they taste even better than they look, if you could believe that's possible!

Saving the best until last, (I'm talking about the cheesecake, sorry Andrew!) was one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted in my life and not even Andrew could try and hide his satisfaction from the camera! I'm not even sure what the name of it is but it's absolutely delicious and tastes like topdeck chocolate, added with the ice cream and it's PERFECT. I would travel the 3 hours+ from my house just to have this alone. 

I'm sure after reading this you're ready to head there right now and I don't blame you, check out their Facebook for opening hours and support this absolutely incredible cafe!

As always, thank you for reading! XO

2 comments:

  1. This looks really similar to a cafe we have here in adelaide (Bliss!). Yum! Also I got stupidly excited our boyfriends have the same name, haha. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really! I've only been to Adelaide once but I have a few friends there that always eat delicious vegan food! And aw that's so cute! Andrew's are definitely keepers. x

      Delete